Seizure Management and Midazolam Administration
This course is available for Group Bookings only.
This short non-accredited course is s designed for individuals working in various care and support roles in the community and health services who are caring for a person who is at high risk of seizures and includes the development of skills to administer epilepsy medication such as Midazolam. Correct administration of this medication is critical and is considered a high intensity support.
The skills in this course apply to community services and health workers with authority in their state or territory to assist with the administration of medications and must be used in accordance with Commonwealth and State/Territory legislation, Australian/New Zealand standards and industry codes of practice.
The following units will be included in your certificate:
- Non accredited – Seizure Management and Midazolam Administration
This course can be delivered/assessed in the workplace or at facility organised by VaxWorks Health Services.
Course durations can vary for multiple reasons, so the durations below are the minimum possible times:
At least 30 Mins
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks.
Assessments conducted during face-to-face training session(s) include:
- Practical scenarios – the assessor must observe the following practical scenarios:
- Scenario 1: general management of a seizure
- Scenario 2: intranasal administration of midazolam
- Theory assessment – a written assessment consisting of multiple-choice questions.
When attending this course, please:
- Wear comfortable clothing
- Bring photo identification (Drivers License, Passport, Photo ID, Student Card)
This certificate does not require renewal, however a refresher is recommended every 3 years in line with industry standards.
Please note that enrolment to this course is made with VaxWorks Health Services in partnership with Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909.
Please refer to the student handbook located on the RTO website allenstraining.com.au for all details relating to rights and responsibilities including complaints and appeals.
- HACC and NDIS support workers
This course can be delivered/assessed in your workplace or at a facility organised by us.