Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
This course is available for Individuals and Group Bookings
In day to day life, in the workplace, in the community or at home, you may be confronted by a life-threatening emergency such as someone experiencing cardiac arrest. Quick decision making and knowledge on what to do could save someone’s life.
This course provides you with the skills and knowledge to recognise when someone is unconscious and not breathing normally (cardiac arrest) and increase their chance of survival by calling an ambulance and performing potentially lifesaving cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), including using a defibrillator, until emergency services arrive to take over.
The course is delivered in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines and applies to all workers or members of the community who may be required to provide CPR in the event of an emergency.
The following units will be included in your certificate:
- HLTAID009 – Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
This course can be delivered/assessed in the workplace or at facility organised by the training provider.
Course durations can vary for multiple reasons, so the durations below are the minimum possible time. Pre-course study (approx. 30-60 minutes) is in addition to the minimum possible time below:
- Refresher At least 2 Hours
- Blended At least 2 Hours
- Face-to-Face At least 3 Hours
- Online with face-to-face assessment At least 15 Mins
- Participants will need to provide their existing Unique Student Identifier (USI) or create one at www.usi.gov.au
- Participants must complete the online pre-course study prior to attending
- Participants must have the physical capacity to perform 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR on the floor.
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks.
Performance tasks and Practical scenarios:
- Perform CPR on an infant
- Perform CPR on an adult (incl. the use of an AED)
A written assessment consisting of multiple-choice questions. The student must successfully complete all assessment questions.
When attending this course, please:
- Wear comfortable clothing
- Bring photo identification (Drivers License, Passport, Photo ID, Student Card)
Certificates will require renewal after 12 months
Please note that enrolment to this course is made with VaxWorks Health Services in partnership with Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909.
Please refer to the student handbook located on the RTO website allenstraining.com.au for all details relating to rights and responsibilities including complaints and appeals.
- Individuals needing CPR training for work or personal reasons
- Workplaces (large or small)
- Workplace First Aid Officers
- School teachers
- Early Childhood Educators
- Electrical and Tradespeople
This course can be delivered/assessed in your workplace or at a facility organised by us for groups of 4 or more.