Recognise Healthy Body Systems
This course is only available for Group Bookings
This course covers the skills and knowledge required to work with basic information about the human body and to recognise and promote ways to maintain healthy functioning of the body.
Participants will learn about the basic structure and functions of the body systems and associated components, the processes, conditions, and resources required by the body to support healthy functioning, protection from infection and active and passive physical activity.
The skills in this course apply to any worker who needs to use and interpret information that includes references to client anatomy and physiology and must be used in accordance with Commonwealth and State/Territory legislation, Australian/New Zealand standards and industry codes of practice.
The following units will be included in your certificate:
HLTAAP001 – Recognise healthy body systems
This course can be delivered/assessed in the workplace or at a facility organised by VaxWorks Health Services.
Course durations can vary for multiple reasons, so the durations below are the minimum possible time:
- Refresher At least 7 Hours
- Blended At least 7 Hours
- Face-to-Face At least 10 Hours
- Participants will need to provide their existing Unique Student Identifier (USI) or create one at usi.gov.au.
- Participants must physically be able to work effectively with information about the human body and its healthy functioning, manage tasks and manage contingencies in the context of the job role.
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks.
Assessments conducted during face-to-face training session(s) include:
Performance tasks – The assessor must observe the following performance tasks:
- Name the body systems
- Name the organs/components
- Matching body system functions & common conditions/diseases
- Interrelationships between body systems
Documentation – The student must complete all forms related to the performance tasks
Case study 1 and 2 – The student must use the information presented in the case study and complete all related assessment questions
Theory assessment – A written assessment consisting of multiple-choice and short answer questions. The student must complete all assessment questions.
When attending this course, please:
- Wear comfortable clothing
- Bring photo identification (Driver’s License, Passport, Photo ID, Student Card)
This certificate does not require renewal.
Please note that enrolment to this course is made with VaxWorks Health Services in partnership with Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909.
Please refer to the student handbook located on the RTO website allenstraining.com.au for all details relating to rights and responsibilities including complaints and appeals.
- NDIS Providers
- HACC/community aged care providers
- Residential aged care facilities
This course is only available for groups and can be delivered/assessed in your workplace or at a facility organised by us.