The Aero range of Patient Handling Equipment in includes patient transfer boards and a highly adaptable terylene carry sheet for patient transfers.
Patient Transfer Boards
These are a critical item for safe and effective patient transfer from bed to mobility equipment. multiple sizes are available to suit different applications.
The Terylene carry sheet is a compact and convenient carry sheet suitable for a range of actions for fast patient recovery. This product is highly suitable for a public emergency with its key attributes being flexibility and strength. The carry sheet folds to a small package yet has 8 strong carry handles for patient handling.
The Patient Transfer Board (P.T.B.) is used to transfer the recumbent
client from bed to barouche, barouche to bed etc. Minor variations in
bed or barouche height are not restrictive.
- Constructed from a lightweight smooth resilient material.
- P.T.B is radiolucent.
- Hygienic: P.T.B. is easily cleaned by wiping over with a mild detergent or a non-alcohol based disinfectant.
- Two hand holes for carer’s use.
- Rounded edges and radius comers providing a smooth transfer for both clients and carers.
- The underside features grip sections ensuring secure usage of P.T.B.
- P.T.B. is easily stored by hanging up using hole provided at the top.
Instructions for Use:
- Remove top bedding from the patient and loosen draw sheet from under the mattress.
- From the transfer side of the bed and with the aid of a nurse on the opposite side, roll the patient onto his/her side away from
- Lay draw sheet over the patient’s body and insert folded slide sheet if appropriate. (See slide sheet instructions).
- Position barouche alongside the bed, as close as possible, (P.T.B. will cope with a small gap) Adjust bed or barouche height so
that they are at or near similar height.
- Position P.T.B. with grip side down, smooth side up, over the gap between bed and barouche, bedside edge of P.T.B. should be
under drawsheet and slide sheet if used, and close to the patient. Flatten draw sheet and slide sheet over P.T.B.
- Roll the patient onto their back, so that bodyweight is partially on the P.T.B. (the more bodyweight transferred onto P.T.B. the easier
to transfer, thus positioning P.T.B. close to the patient before rolling back makes for an easier transfer).
- With both caregivers standing on the outer side of barouche, hold the draw sheet with one hand, whilst placing the other hand
on the edge of the P.T.B. to stop any initial movement of P.T.B.
- Pull draw sheet towards you until the client is positioned on the barouche. Note: hand supporting edge of P.T.B. may be removed
once most of the patient’s weight is on the P.T.B. For harder mattresses and lighter patients, this support may not be
- Roll the patient towards you partially, so as to remove the P.T.B.
- After removal lay the client on their back, the patient should be in the middle of the barouche.
Available in two sizes
- 1180mm x 580mm x 4.5mm
- 1800mm x 580mm x 4.5mm