Immunisation Update for Health Professionals
(incorporating HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation)
This course is available for Individuals and Group Bookings.
The Immunisation Update course will assist immunisation nurses, practice nurses, GPs and pharmacists to maintain their skills and knowledge in immunisation.
This course includes:
- The recognition and management of anaphylaxis following vaccine administration
- The recognition, management and reporting of other adverse events following immunisation (AEFI) including Shoulder Injury Related to Vaccine Administration (SIRVA)
- CPR for infants, children and adults – HLTAID001 – Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation (delivered in partnership with Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909)
- An update on recent changes to clinical recommendations for vaccines and the National Immunisation Program
The following units will be included in your certificate:
- HLTAID001 – Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Nurse Immuniser Update
This course can be delivered/assessed in the workplace or at facility organised by VaxWorks Health Services.
Course durations can vary for multiple reasons, so the durations below are the minimum possible time. Pre-course study (approx. 30-60 minutes) is in addition to the minimum possible time below:
At least 3.5 Hours
At least 3.5 Hours
At least 4.5 Hours
- Online CPR with face-to-face assessment and Face-To-Face Immunisation Update
At least 1.5 hours
- Participants will need to provide their existing Unique Student Identifier (USI) or create one at usi.gov.au.
- Participants must complete the online pre-course study prior to attending
- Participants must have the physical capacity to perform 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR on the floor.
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks.
Performance tasks and Practical scenarios:
- Perform CPR on an infant
- Perform CPR on an adult (incl. the use of an AED)
- Advanced airway management including ventilation with a BVM and use of oropharyngeal airways
- Management of an anaphylaxis episode, including the administration of adrenaline
When attending this course, please:
- Wear comfortable clothing
- Bring photo identification (Drivers License, Passport, Photo ID, Student Card)
Certificates will require renewal after 12 months.
Please note that enrolment to this course is made with VaxWorks Health Services in partnership with Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909.
Please refer to the student handbook located on the RTO website allenstraining.com.au for all details relating to rights and responsibilities including complaints and appeals.
- Nurse Immunisers
- Practice Nurses
- General Practitioners
This course can be delivered/assessed in your workplace or at a facility organised by us.