Provide First Aid
This course is available for Individuals and Group Bookings
This first aid course will allow you to develop skills and knowledge and most importantly, confidence, to provide first aid treatment to any person suffering a sudden illness or injury. You will develop the skills to preserve life, prevent the condition from worsening, and promote recovery. It includes initial intervention in a casualty with a serious condition prior to professional medical help being available, such as performing CPR while awaiting an ambulance, as well as the complete treatment of other less serious conditions, such as applying water for burns, or assisting someone choking.
Providing effective, lifesaving first aid interventions requires instruction and practical training. This is especially true where it relates to potentially fatal illnesses and injuries, such as those that require cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) or involve severe bleeding. These procedures carry a risk of further injury to the casualty and the first aider. As with any training, it is more useful if training occurs before being confronted with an actual real-life situation.
The course is delivered in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines and applies to all workers or members of the community who may be required to provide CPR in the event of an emergency.
This first aid course is essential for everyday life events, allowing you to provide immediate and effective first aid to workers or others who have been injured or become ill at the workplace or at home.
The following units will be included in your certificate:
- HLTAID003 – Provide first aid
- HLTAID001 – Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation (to be renewed annually)
- HLTAID002 – Provide basic emergency life support
This course can be delivered/assessed in the workplace or at facility organised by VaxWorks Health Services.
Course durations can vary for multiple reasons, so the durations below are the minimum possible time:
At least 5 Hours 30 Mins
At least 5 Hours 30 Mins
At least 7 Hours 30 Mins
- Online with face-to-face assessment
At least 30 Mins
$120.00 (GST free) – payment required at time of booking
- Participants will need to provide their existing Unique Student Identifier (USI) or create one at www.usi.gov.au
- Participants must complete the online pre-course study prior to attending
- Participants must have the physical capacity to perform the practical demonstrations, such as 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR on the floor.
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks.
Performance tasks and Practical scenarios:
- Perform CPR on an infant
- Perform CPR on an adult (incl. the use of an AED)
- Breathing difficulties – Asthma
- Anaphylaxis (allergic reaction)
- Choking with airway obstruction
- Unconscious casualty
- Bleeding and shock
- Snake or funnel-web spider bite
- Sprains and fractures
Theory assessment – A written assessment consisting of multiple-choice and short answer questions. The student must complete all assessment questions.
When attending this course, please:
- Wear comfortable clothing
- Bring photo identification (Drivers License, Passport, Photo ID, Student Card)
Certificates will require renewal after 36 months.
Please note that enrolment to this course is made with VaxWorks Health Services in partnership with Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909.
Please refer to the student handbook located on the RTO website allenstraining.com.au for all details relating to rights and responsibilities including complaints and appeals.
- Individuals needing First Aid training for work or personal reasons
- Workplaces (large or small)
- Workplace First Aid Officers
- School teachers
- Early Childhood Educators
- Electrical and Tradespeople